For more than 40 years, AM Surveying & Block Management has served its clients in the mindset of putting the client first. This enduring value guides us as we face the difficult challenge of responding to the coronavirus (COVID-19), which the World Health Organization declared a pandemic on Wednesday 11th March 2020.
Our thoughts go out to the people who have been affected by the unprecedented events brought about by this virus and we appreciate the healthcare workers, local communities, and governments around the world who are on the front line working to contain this coronavirus.
We would like to take the opportunity to advise our clients, residents and other consumers of our services on how we are planning to serve our blocks and properties through this difficult time.
Health of our staff
Our current position is that there are no confirmed cases of coronavirus (Covid-19) among our staff. None of our staff have needed to self-isolate due to visiting a category 1 area, visiting a category 2 area and developing flu like symptoms, or being in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
All of our team currently remain available to serve their duties within the company. Should this change, in line with the Government’s latest advice staff will stay at home for 7 days if they have either a high temperature (37.8 degrees and above) OR a new continuous cough.
Should this happen, we thank you in advance for your understanding should any disruption to our services ensue.
Contingencies & Continuity
Our office continues to daily monitor government sources in order to remain abreast of latest advice and measures that may affect our day to day work. At the current time no one can possibly predict how matters may unfold and of course we remain confident that dangers presented by COVID-19 remain low, however the following is an update concerning our plans should we need to implement strategies required by local or national government to reduce/slow down the spread of coronavirus.
- Any staff displaying symptoms synonymous with COVID-19, such as either a high temperature or continuous cough, they will be required to stay at home for 7 days.
- If necessary, our offices will revert to operating on a work-from-home basis for a period of time considered proportionate and/or as directed by government.
- Plans are drawn up to enable the roll out of work-from-home arrangements including the provision of IT and software to enable our staff to perform their duties from remote locations while our office may be in a phase of lockdown, if necessary and only if necessary.
- If it becomes necessary to do so, the attendance of trades persons to our managed properties may be reduced to essential visits only.
- In a worst-case scenario situation, our office will operate on a skeleton staff basis to ensure at the very least that essential services and support is provided to our managed portfolio.
We recognise that these are unsettling times and we hope the implementation of our contingencies will not be necessary and all the while that our contingencies are not necessary our team will be conducting business as usual. We would however like to reassure you that our office is remaining fully abreast of the changing landscape of the uncharted territory we are currently in and remain ready to respond in a proportionate and measured manner and in a way that means we can continue to provide the required services to our portfolio.
The purpose of this announcement is not to cause any alarm and is simply in the interest of displaying a readiness for what the future may hold in the short term. We hope for the best and plan for the worst.
AM Surveying & Block Management