Career Opportunity at AM Surveying & Block Management: Senior Building Surveyor
Due to ongoing company growth and continued steady expansion of our Block Management portfolio within London and the South East at AM Surveying & Block Management we're on the search for our next Senior Building Surveyor to join the team.
At AM Surveying & Block Management we are a multi-practice Block Management Managing Agent, providing clients Property Management, Building Surveying and on site facilities services. Our aspiration is to provide our clients fully turn-key services, providing AM solutions to our client's needs and requirements across 2,000+ properties primarily across London and the Home Counties.
Our Building Surveying department are responsible for collaboration with our Property Managers and support staff on matters relating to cyclical major and minor repairs, long term asset management planning, complex repairs, defect diagnosis and reinstatement cost assessments for insurance purposes.
What does the Senior Building Surveyor position involve?
At AM the role of Senior Building Surveyor will take the lead on long term maintenance planning; providing 10 Year Planned Maintenance reports.
Further, our Senior Building Surveyors work closely with our Property Management team to roll out planned works such as programmes of external/internal redecoration works by producing Specifications of Works and monitoring the progress of such works on site.
Reports provided by our Surveying team, such as 10 Year Planned Maintenance Reports and Specification documents, are produced using our industry leading report templates developed exclusively by us in collaboration with InventoryBase, meaning more time spent bringing real value to your role and to our clients and less time formatting lengthy reports.
The role includes:
- Producing 10 Year Planned Maintenance reports.
- Producing Specifications of Works for cyclical major repairs.
- Assisting our Block Management team with project tendering and tender analysis and reporting.
- Regular site visits to inspect buildings within our Block Management portfolio to facilitate your role.
- Project Management and monitoring of works on site.
- Defect diagnosis and reporting.
- Desk time in the office or working from home.
- Use of company software including FixFlo, InventoryBase and the Microsoft suite.
Qualifications of the position?
The following is required for the role of Senior Building Surveyor:
- At least 5 years Building Surveying experience.
- An excellent understanding and ability to estimate project costs for budgeting purposes following inspection of a building's cyclical maintenance assets to enable the production of long term maintenance planning.
- Excellent understanding of building pathology.
- RICS Accredited Undergraduate/Postgraduate Degree
- MRICS qualification is preferable.
- Full UK driving licence and confidence traveling through London and Home Counties.
- Ability to communicate complex building pathology matters in a well thought out and understandable manner in verbal and written form.
- Excellent time keeping, interpersonal skills and workload management.
- A good overall aptitude for IT and learning new systems.
What will the role give you?
You can expect the following from the role of Senior Building Surveyor at AM Surveying & Block Management:
- Competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications £35k-£45k per annum and pension.
- Provision of company laptop, tablet, smartphone.
- Be part of a vibrant workplace culture within a friendly and professional team.
- Regular Social Events throughout the year organised by our colleagues on our dedicated Social Committee as well as our prestigious Annual Staff Event.
- Opportunity for career development within a growing company and to make significant impact within our Building Surveying department.
- A very varied and interesting workload dealing with a wide variety of buildings, people and projects.
- Working within a stable and steady sector.
Here are highlights from a recent company event: National Fitness Day 22nd September 2021.