At AM Surveying & Block Management we provide Block Management and Building Surveying/Consultancy services to developments, estates and clients throughout London and the South East and we are looking for a Graduate Block Management Building Surveyor to join our passionate team.
Clients of AM Surveying & Block Management expect a high degree of service within key performance areas including professionalism, commitment to delivering on targets and attention to detail. Our hard working team have continually achieved our clients expectations, driving the company forward as we continue to meet our growth goals, establish our brand as a respected Block Management & Building Surveying/Professional Services solution and expand our team.
What does the Graduate Block Management Building Surveyor position involve?
We are looking for a passionate candidate whom can add value to our team and whom we can truly get behind to help develop professionally and as an individual. The Graduate Block Management Building Surveyor position provides excellent exposure to the Block Management industry working with in-house teams, property owners, industry colleagues and a range of service providers.
This position is suitable for persons who have graduated with a relevant degree or persons with similar professional services background looking to expand their skills and can demonstrate excellent ability in the following:
- A good understanding of building pathology and is able to demonstrate such. - Must have a qualification in building surveying, preferably a RICS accredited qualification. - Is able to present themselves well to colleagues, clients and residents of the AM portfolio. - Is able to display good professional communication skills including verbally and written. - Is confident navigating around London and the South East and willing to spend up to 90% of their time out in the field at our managed blocks. - Is able to structure ideas and methods of repairs/works concisely and clearly verbally and in written form. - Be able to manage their workload and show good timekeeping and punctuality.
As Graduate Block Management Building Surveyor at AM you can expect to be working on the following:
- Conducting site inspections and provide reports accordingly. - Meeting with contractors to discuss projects of various types. - Prepare specifications of works of various sizes and types but usually routine/cyclical repairs in nature. - Diagnose structural defects and advise on repairs. - Diagnose causes of water ingress. - Carry out Reinstatement Cost Assessments. - Assist with tendering contracts and Project Management.
Qualifications of the position?
- Degree in Building Surveying
- Full UK driving licence and able to travel throughout London in own vehicle and confident navigating between London and surrounding destinations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Can demonstrate excellent personal presentation to AM consumers.
- Self motivated, enthusiastic, approachable and a trustworthy team player.
- Must have good organisation skills.
- Must have excellent spoken and written English skills.
- Must be friendly and have a professional attitude.
What the role will give you:
You can expect the following from the role of Graduate Block Management Building Surveyor at AM Surveying & Block Management:
- Working to a schedule which includes a wide variety of interesting buildings across our portfolio.
- Salary of £23,500 - £24,500 depending on experience with an annual performance bonus and annual review.
- Provision of company smartphone and FitBit.
- Working within a professional, supportive, friendly team who make a difference to the blocks we manage every day.
- Be part of a vibrant workplace culture within a friendly and professional team with regular Social Events throughout the year organised by our colleagues on our dedicated Social Committee as well as our prestigious Annual Staff Event.
- Opportunity to work within a company with long history, strong work ethic and friendly family like atmosphere.
- This role benefits from further career development opportunities such as becoming a qualified Block Management Building Surveyor