At AM Surveying & Block Management we provide Block Management and Building Surveying/Consultancy services to developments, estates and clients throughout London and the South East and we are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join our passionate team.
Clients of AM Surveying & Block Management expect a high degree of service within key performance areas including professionalism, commitment to delivering on targets and attention to detail. Our hard working team have continually achieved our clients expectations, driving the company forward as we continue to meet our growth goals, establish our brand as a respected Block Management & Building Surveying/Professional Services solution and expand our team.
AM is a respected brand within the sector and this position is a rare opportunity to join our team with excellent opportunity for further progression.
What does the Accounts Assistant position involve?
We are looking for a passionate candidate whom can add value to our team and whom we can truly get behind to help develop professionally and as an individual. The Accounts Assistant position provides excellent exposure to the Block Management industry working with in-house teams, property owners, industry colleagues and a range of service providers.
This position is suitable for persons with experience in Accounts within the Property Management industry or persons with similar professional services background looking to expand their skills.
As Accounts Assistant at AM you can expect to be working on the following:
- Enter and code financial transactions appropriately
- Process payments as well as documents like invoices
- Reconcile invoices received with departmental billings
- Issue invoices to customers based on services rendered and/or goods sold
- Make and track payments
- Bank transaction reconciliation
- Liaising with contractors and suppliers regarding payments
- Handling incoming general and accounts related enquiries
- Preparing service charge accounts
- Data entry into company accounting system and programs (including MS Excel)
- Gaining an excellent understanding of our software, in particular our internal online invoice management software.
- Displaying a good level of professional communication skills with an excellent telephone manner
Qualifications of the position?
- Relevant experience in the Property Management industry is preferable, especially within Block Management and/or Surveying.
- Understanding of Service Charges is desirable.
- Experience within professional services industry.
- Capability to work under pressure in a busy working environment and manage time efficiently.
- Able to display the ability to add value to a team.
- Self motivated, enthusiastic and a trustworthy team player.
In essence, if you have a passion for your work, are super organised/can prioritise very effectively, have a proactive, upbeat ‘let’s get this done’ attitude (and can follow through) and are a friendly, team player - we would love to hear from you!
What's it like working at AM?
- We're a professional team of friendly, supportive and interesting people. We all work hard and love what we do and always put a smile on each other’s faces.
- Our team are diverse, ranging from office based and on-site staff in a range of positions. We all like to stay connected with regular team catch-ups currently taking place remotely.
- We have a mindset of constant improvement, we welcome your feedback where great ideas will make a real difference.
- Commitment to personal development - we want to help you grow! Career progression is always on the horizon for the right people!
- Work within a respected provider of Block Management services with goals of steady constant growth.
What the role will give you:
· A very varied and interesting workload dealing with a wide variety of clients and tasks.
- Competitive salary of £22k-£26k depending on experience with annual review
- Office based with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days per week once trained.
- Provision of company smartphone and laptop.
- Provision of Company FitBit device
- Working within a professional, supportive, friendly team within well equipped offices
- Be part of a vibrant workplace culture within a friendly and professional team with regular Social Events throughout the year organised by our colleagues on our dedicated Social Committee as well as our prestigious Annual Staff Event.